Human Communication Sciences MPhil and PhD opportunities
We invite enquiries from anyone wishing to carry out research in language and communication, including research with children or adults who have communication impairments.
In the Research Excellence Framework 2014 we received our highest ratings to date for the quality of our research, with 100% of our research impact being rated as 'world-leading' or 'internationally excellent'.
Our research is grouped in three clusters:
- Clinical and Interactional Linguistics
- Cognitive Neuroscience of Speech and Language
- Speech, Language and Literacy: Development, Difficulties and Intervention
Important points to consider
- Have you identified any potential supervisors?
- Do you have a well-defined area of interest you wish to address, and are you able to describe your project plans?
- Have you considered funding for the duration of your studies?
We welcome applications from recent graduates in relevant disciplines (eg. linguistics, speech and language pathology, psychology, education), and from experienced practitioners, including speech and language therapists and teachers.
If you would like to apply or simply learn more about our postgraduate research opportunities, please get in touch with potential supervisors, or contact the Postgraduate Tutor, Professor Ray Wilkinson on email@example.com.
Meet our students
Find a PhD
Search for PhD opportunities at Sheffield and be part of our world-leading research.