NCUK Postgraduate Taught Scholarships
We are pleased to offer the NCUK Postgraduate Taught Scholarship 2022 to new international students joining the University of Sheffield for a taught masters in September 2022 from an NCUK Study Centre.
- The scholarship is worth £2,000 for courses in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities and Faculty of Social Sciences and £2,500 for courses in the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health, and Faculty of Science.
- No additional scholarship application is required, if you meet the eligibility and award criteria below the scholarship will be applied as a tuition fee discount.
- You must accept your offer from the University of Sheffield before 16:00 (UK time) on 17 June 2022 to receive this award.
- You must hold an offer to study a full-time or part-time postgraduate taught course before 16:00 (UK time) on 17 June 2022.
- You must accept an offer to study a full-time or part-time postgraduate taught programme at the University of Sheffield before 16:00 (UK time) on 17 June 2022.
- Your programme must commence at the University of Sheffield in September 2022.
- Distance learning courses are ineligible for a merit scholarship.
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) and Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) courses are ineligible for this scholarship.
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. Masters programmes split between the University of Sheffield and a partner institution are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- All Crossways courses and Erasmus Mundus courses are ineligible for this scholarship.
- For tuition fee purposes you must be self-funded and required to pay the overseas tuition fee rate.
- You must not be a sponsored student*.
- For scholarship purposes all MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes and are not eligible for undergraduate scholarships.
- Anyone studying a Masters/integrated PhD programme is eligible for a merit scholarship in the Masters element of the programme only.
- You must be studying a pre-masters qualification at an NCUK Centre, in any country.
- These scholarships are not applicable to any postgraduate courses where the higher clinical fee is applicable, this includes, but is not exclusive to the following courses:
- DClinDent Orthodontics
- MClinDent in Orthodontics
- DClinDent Endodontics
- MClinDent in Paediatric Dentistry
- DClinDent Periodontics
- MMedSci in Diagnostic Oral Pathology
- DClinDent Prosthodontics
- The University of Sheffield reserves the right to review and change scholarship provision.
- You must commence your programme at the University of Sheffield in September 2022.
- The NCUK Postgraduate Merit Scholarship 2022 cannot be awarded in conjunction with any of the following scholarships:
- International Postgraduate Taught Scholarship 2022
- International Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarship 2022
- Sir SY Chung Scholarship 2022
- In the event that you are selected for any of the above scholarships the most valuable award will take precedence.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with any available scholarships from the Department or Faculty you will be studying in, subject to not becoming a sponsored student*. Please use the funding calculator to find out if any scholarships are available from your Department/Faculty.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any funding from an external sponsor**, excluding a loan, which has to be paid back in full.
- If you are studying a 2-year Masters programme the scholarship will be available in the second year of your studies subject to successful completion of year 1, and all remaining eligibility and award criteria.
- The scholarship is not applicable to any years in industry or study abroad years that are compulsory or optional elements of your course.
- If you are selected for a merit scholarship and you fail to meet the conditions of your offer you will no longer be eligible to receive the award.
- If you change your Masters programme during your studies your merit scholarship may be forfeited.
- The merit scholarship can be provided for a maximum of 2 full-time academic years. This does not include years in industry or year(s) abroad. For part-time students on programmes that last longer than one year the scholarship the scholarship will be split pro-rata for a maximum of 4 years.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of the scholarship split pro-rata over the duration of the course.
- The scholarship will be applied as a tuition fee discount only.
- The decision of the scholarship panel is final. No scholarship applications or decision appeals will be considered.
- All decisions made by the University are made in good faith. If a scholarship is awarded on the basis of predicted grades and you do not achieve the predicted grades or if the information provided is false, the University reserves the right to remove the scholarship.
- If you are selected for the scholarship, you will be required to pay a tuition fee deposit by a fixed date.
* Sponsored student is defined as an individual who in receipt of a total sum of funds that matches or exceeds the original tuition fee required by the University.
** Government or governmental organisation – international, national or regional; research council; charity; private enterprise; or any similar organisation.
Upcoming events for offer holders and enquirers
We're running a series of information sessions, student panels and virtual activities to help you understand what Sheffield has to offer.