Crossways in Cultural Narratives
School of Languages and Cultures,
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
This ERASMUS-MUNDUS Masters programme is a truly international course: EU funded, multilingual, multidisciplinary and taught by a consortium of European and North and South American universities.
Literature is the main subject. The approach is comparative. There are also modules in aesthetics, the history of ideas, semiotics, linguistics and communication.
You’ll study at three of the participating universities. They are:
- University of Sheffield, England
- University of Bergamo, Italy
- New University of Lisbon, Portugal
- University of Perpignan, France
- University of Poznan, Poland
- University of St Andrews, Scotland
- University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- University Iberoamericana, Mexico
- University of Guelph, Canada
- Entre Rios University, Argentina
You can’t apply directly to Sheffield for this course. For further information visit www.munduscrossways.eu
No core modules
- Approaches to Literature and Cultural Studies
- Spanish Culture and Literature
- Spanish American Literature and Society
- Catalan Culture and Literature
- Contemporary Portuguese Language and Literature
- 20th-Century German Literature
- Concepts and Approaches in Translation Studies
- Concepts and Approaches in Intercultural Communication
- Intercultural Communication in Practice
- Approaches to Translation Genres
In addition you can choose from a range of modules from the School of English and the Department of History, subject to availability. You can also take language-learning modules and an internship option is available.
Teaching takes place through lectures, seminars, small-group work and workshops.
You’ll be assessed by essays, practical information technologies projects and a dissertation.
2 years full-time
You can't apply directly to Sheffield for this course.
More about entry requirements on the Mundus website (Admissions section)
For further information visit Crossways in Cultural Narratives.
Fees and funding
You can’t apply directly to Sheffield for this course.
+44 114 222 0631
The course information set out here may change before you begin, particularly if you are applying significantly in advance of the start date.