Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering
This programme has been developed taking into consideration the requirements of the global pharmaceutical industry. You will learn about:
- the science and application of products
- oral drug delivery
- the production of medicines and new technologies
You will gain hands-on experience with high-value formulated products using our industrial-scale continuous powder processing plant.
At Sheffield you’ll be taught by the very best. The department works closely with some of the world’s major pharmaceutical companies (eg Pfizer, AstraZeneca and GSK). Graduates of this course will be highly sought after in the global pharma market.
- Science of Formulated Products
- Continuous Manufacturing Technology: PAT and Process Optimisation
- The Biotech and Pharmaceutical Industry
- Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Biopharmaceutical Engineering
- Particle Design and Processing
- Process Safety in Chemicals, Pharma and Fine Chemicals Industries
- Strategic Engineering Management and Business Practices
1 year full-time
A good honours degree in science, technology or engineering.
English language requirements
Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
You can apply for postgraduate study using our Postgraduate Online Application Form. It's a quick and easy process.
+44 114 222 7500
The course information set out here may change before you begin, particularly if you are applying significantly in advance of the start date.