University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 5429
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
Penny is currently a research associate in ScHARR within the Health Economics and Decision Modelling Section. Penny has been at ScHARR for over 4 years, first as a PhD student and more recently working as a health economics modeller. Before working in ScHARR Penny was working as a health economics consultant at IMS Health developing cost-effectiveness models for pharmaceutical products. The subject of her thesis was to investigate the use of health economic models to develop drug development programmes for new treatments for systemic lupus erythematosus. Since working at ScHARR Penny has been working on a project funded by the School for Public Health Research (SPHR) to provide a coherent, model based framework for the evaluation of strategies for the prevention of type 2 diabetes. Penny has developed a new cost-effectiveness model to evaluate a broad range of type-2 diabetes prevention interventions in the United Kingdom. Penny's research interests are in methods for longitudinal data analysis for use in decision-analytic modelling. Specifically in complex natural history models with multiple dynamic risk factors.
- Breeze PR, Thomas C, Squires H, Brennan A, Greaves C, Diggle PJ, Brunner E, Tabak A, Preston L & Chilcott J (2017) The impact of Type 2 diabetes prevention programmes based on risk-identification and lifestyle intervention intensity strategies: a cost-effectiveness analysis.. Diabetic Medicine. View this article in WRRO
- Breeze PR, Thomas C, Squires H, Brennan A, Greaves C, Diggle P, Brunner E, Tabak A, Preston L & Chilcott J (2017) Cost-effectiveness of population-based, community, workplace and individual policies for diabetes prevention in the UK.. Diabetic Medicine. View this article in WRRO
- Breeze P, Squires H, Chilcott J, Stride C, Diggle PJ, Brunner E, Tabak A & Brennan A (2016) A statistical model to describe longitudinal and correlated metabolic risk factors: the Whitehall II prospective study.. J Public Health (Oxf), 38(4), 679-687. View this article in WRRO
- Simpson EL, Davis S, Thokala P, Breeze PR, Bryden P & Wong R (2015) Sipuleucel-T for the Treatment of Metastatic Hormone-Relapsed Prostate Cancer: A NICE Single Technology Appraisal; An Evidence Review Group Perspective. PharmacoEconomics, 33(11), 1187-1194. View this article in WRRO
- Strong M, Oakley JE, Brennan A & Breeze P (2015) Estimating the Expected Value of Sample Information Using the Probabilistic Sensitivity Analysis Sample. Medical Decision Making, 35(5), 570-583. View this article in WRRO
- Watson P, Brennan A, Birch H, Fang H & Petri M (2015) An integrated extrapolation of long-term outcomes in systemic lupus erythematosus: analysis and simulation of the Hopkins Lupus Cohort. Rheumatology, 54(4), 623-632.
- Breeze P & Brennan A (2015) Valuing Trial Designs from a Pharmaceutical Perspective Using Value-Based Pricing. Health Economics (United Kingdom), 24(11), 1468-1482. View this article in WRRO