University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 5429
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
Penny is currently a research fellow in ScHARR within the Health Economics and Decision Modelling Section. Penny has been at ScHARR for over 9 years, first as a PhD student and more recently working as a health economics modeller. Before working in ScHARR Penny was working as a health economics consultant at IMS Health developing cost-effectiveness models for pharmaceutical products. The subject of her thesis was to investigate the use of health economic models to develop drug development programmes for new treatments for systemic lupus erythematosus. Since working at ScHARR Penny has been working on a project funded by the School for Public Health Research (SPHR) to provide a coherent, model based framework for the evaluation of strategies for the prevention of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. This model has been adapted to include dementia and other risk factors for cardiovascular disease and future adaptation will enable detailed modelling of dietary and behavioural risk factors for obesity, hypertension and diabetes. Penny's research interests are in methods for longitudinal data analysis for use in decision-analytic modelling. Specifically in complex public health decision problems.
- Breeze P, Womack R, Pryce R, Brennan A & Goyder E (2018) The impact of a local sugar sweetened beverage health promotion and price increase on sales in public leisure centre facilities. PLoS ONE, 13(5). View this article in WRRO
- Thomas C, Sadler S, Breeze P, Squires H, Gillett M & Brennan A (2017) Assessing the potential return on investment of the proposed UK NHS diabetes prevention programme in different population subgroups: an economic evaluation. BMJ Open, 7. View this article in WRRO
- Breeze PR, Thomas C, Squires H, Brennan A, Greaves C, Diggle P, Brunner E, Tabak A, Preston L & Chilcott J (2017) Cost‐effectiveness of population‐based, community, workplace and individual policies for diabetes prevention in the UK. Diabetic Medicine, 34(8), 1136-1144. View this article in WRRO
- Breeze PR, Thomas C, Squires H, Brennan A, Greaves C, Diggle PJ, Brunner E, Tabak A, Preston L & Chilcott J (2017) The impact of Type 2 diabetes prevention programmes based on risk‐identification and lifestyle intervention intensity strategies: a cost‐effectiveness analysis. Diabetic Medicine, 34(5), 632-640. View this article in WRRO
- Breeze P, Squires H, Chilcott J, Stride C, Diggle PJ, Brunner E, Tabak A & Brennan A (2016) A statistical model to describe longitudinal and correlated metabolic risk factors: the Whitehall II prospective study.. J Public Health (Oxf), 38(4), 679-687. View this article in WRRO
- Breeze P & Brennan A (2015) Valuing Trial Designs from a Pharmaceutical Perspective Using Value-Based Pricing. Health Economics (United Kingdom), 24(11), 1468-1482. View this article in WRRO
- Simpson EL, Davis S, Thokala P, Breeze PR, Bryden P & Wong R (2015) Sipuleucel-T for the Treatment of Metastatic Hormone-Relapsed Prostate Cancer: A NICE Single Technology Appraisal; An Evidence Review Group Perspective. PharmacoEconomics, 33(11), 1187-1194. View this article in WRRO
- Strong M, Oakley JE, Brennan A & Breeze P (2015) Estimating the Expected Value of Sample Information Using the Probabilistic Sensitivity Analysis Sample. Medical Decision Making, 35(5), 570-583. View this article in WRRO
- Watson P, Brennan A, Birch H, Fang H & Petri M (2015) An integrated extrapolation of long-term outcomes in systemic lupus erythematosus: analysis and simulation of the Hopkins Lupus Cohort. Rheumatology, 54(4), 623-632.