University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Office: Ground floor open plan
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 0785
Fax: (+44) (0114) 222 0749
I joined HEDS in January 2014 as an assistant modeller, following a 13 year career in biomedical research. I completed a BSc in Genetics in 1999 and followed this with a PhD in 2003, both from the University of Sheffield, before working at the University of Nice, France and the department of Biomedical Science at the University of Sheffield. I am currently studying part-time for the HEDM MSc run by ScHARR.
I have worked on a series of public health-related modelling projects; in particular the School for Public Health Research (SPRH) diabetes model, which is a policy model designed to evaluate a wide range of type-2 diabetes prevention interventions. In addition to public health, my research interests include combining my modelling expertise with my genetics/biomedical science background to model the cost-effectiveness of genetic screening programmes, genomics and novel biologic treatments.
- Kruger, J., Brennan, A., Strong, M., Thomas, C ., Norman, P. & Epton, T. (2014) The cost-effectiveness of a theory-based online health behaviour intervention for new university students: an economic evaluation. BMC Public Health 14:1011. Full Text
- Breeze PR, Thomas C, Squires H, Brennan A, Greaves C, Diggle PJ, Brunner E, Tabak A, Preston L & Chilcott J (2017) The impact of Type 2 diabetes prevention programmes based on risk-identification and lifestyle intervention intensity strategies: a cost-effectiveness analysis.. Diabetic Medicine. View this article in WRRO
- Thomas C, Breeze P, Strong M, Brennan A, Norman P, Cameron D & Epton T (2016) The cost-effectiveness of an updated theory-based online health behavior intervention for new university students: U@Uni2. Journal of Public Health & Epidemiology, 8(10), 191-203. View this article in WRRO
- Dunkley A, Tyrer F, Spong R, Gray L, Gillett MJ, Doherty Y, Martin-Stacey L, Patel N, Yates T, Bhaumik S, Chalk T, Chudasama Y, Thomas C, Sadler S, Cooper S, Gangadharan S, Davies M & Khunti K (2016) Screening for glucose intolerance and development of a lifestyle education programme for prevention of Type 2 diabetes in a population with intellectual disabilities. NIHR Journals Library. View this article in WRRO
- Kruger J, Brennan A, Strong M, Thomas C, Norman P & Epton T (2014) The cost-effectiveness of a theory-based online health behaviour intervention for new university students: an economic evaluation. BMC Public Health, 14(1), 1011-1011. View this article in WRRO