Tuong Manh Vu BSc(Nottingham), MSc (Nottingham), PhD (Nottingham)
University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 6397
Fax: +44 (0)114 222 0749
II received my BSc, MSc, and PhD from the University of Nottingham. My PhD focuses on the Agent-Based Modelling and Simulation (ABMS) of Public Goods Game (PGG) in Economics. In my thesis, a development framework was developed using software-engineering methods to provide a structured approach to the development process of agent-based social simulations. Also as a case study, the framework was used to design and implement a simulation of PGG in the continuous-time setting which is rarely considered in Economics.
In September 2017, I joined international, inter-disciplinary project CASCADE (Calibrated Agent Simulations for Combined Analysis of Drinking Etiologies) to further pursue my research interest in strategic modelling and simulation of human-centred complex systems.
I am employed to work on the development of agent based public health policy models with a specific focus on the CASCADE project, funded by the US National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Vu TM, Wagner C & Siebers P-O (2019) ABOOMS: Overcoming the Hurdles of Continuous-Time Public Goods Games with a Simulation-Based Approach. Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, 22(2). View this article in WRRO
Conference proceedings papers
- Alotaibi A, Lohse N & Vu TM (2016) Dynamic Agent-based Bi-objective Robustness for Tardiness and Energy in a Dynamic Flexible Job Shop. Procedia CIRP, Vol. 57 (pp 728-733)
- Vu TM, Siebers PO, Skatova A & Turocy T (2015) Modelling the effect of individual differences in punishment sensitivity on behaviour in a public goods game. 14th International Conference on Modeling and Applied Simulation, MAS 2015 (pp 110-117)
- Dawson D, Siebers P-O & Vu TM (2014) Opening Pandora's box: Some Insight into the Inner Workings of an Agent Based Simulation Environment. Annals of Computer Science and Information Systems, Vol. 2 (pp 1453-1460)
- Vu TM, Siebers PO & Wagner C (2014) The potential of object-oriented analysis and design for Agent-based Computational Economics. Modelling and Simulation 2014 - European Simulation and Modelling Conference, ESM 2014 (pp 143-149)
- Vu TM, Siebers PO & Wagner C (2013) Comparison of crisp systems and fuzzy systems in agent-based simulation: A case study of soccer penalties. 2013 13th UK Workshop on Computational Intelligence, UKCI 2013 (pp 54-61)