Tuition fees and funding
Tuition fees facts: what you need to know
You'll find lots of information about tuition fees on these pages. Before you dive in and read the detail, remember these key facts:
- For new entrants to courses in 2017 the University of Sheffield Home (UK/EU) undergraduate fee will be £9,250. Reference to a fee of £9,000 shown in the print version of the 2017-18 prospectus is out of date
- The latest fees information is on the University website.
- Loans are available to cover tuition fees and living costs
- You don't have to pay anything upfront and you don't start repaying your loan until you're earning over £21,000 per year
- In some circumstances you might pay a reduced fee (for example if you spend a year abroad). See exceptions for 2018 entry.