Gene Therapy Manufacturing Innovation Centre
This new facility will pioneer new treatments for millions of patients with devastating genetic disorders.
A pioneering gene therapy innovation centre at the University of Sheffield is set to advance scientific discoveries into promising treatment options for millions of patients with life-threatening diseases.
The Gene Therapy Innovation and Manufacturing Centre (GTIMC) is funded by LifeArc and the Medical Research Council (MRC), with support from the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC), as well as a large donation from The Law Family Charitable Foundation.
The GTIMC facility will be on the University of Sheffield Innovation District, the site of the previous Sheffield Business Park. On the other side of the Parkway is the University of Sheffield's Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre and the Advanced Manufacturing Park.
- Project Manager: Gaynor Bradshaw-Willson, Estates and Facilities Management
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 114 222 9118
- Contractor: TBC
- Client: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health
- Location: University of Sheffield Innovation District
- Timescale: On site Summer 2021- TBC
20 April 2021: The project has received planning approval.
For project enquires contact the project manager. For general enquiries, contact the EFM Help Desk.