About Diamond Engineering
Also known as Multidisciplinary Engineering Education (MEE) is an award winning, dedicated teaching department that works closely with Faculty of Engineering departments to deliver innovative practical laboratory sessions to undergraduate students. The team is based in the Diamond, the faculty's largest ever investment in teaching and learning which houses 19 specialist laboratories designed to create a fantastic place for interdisciplinary engineering education.
- We have:
- Over 50 staff members ranging from technical teaching staff, professional services to professors.
- 15 lab areas that are available to all students across all engineering departments
- Over 6000 engineering students using our labs.
- Achieved integrated practical and non-practical course design in CBE, ACSE and MEng Engineering.
- Developed a strategy to develop skills leading to independent experimental practitioners.
- Attracted and inspired many visitors through tours of the Diamond building and labs.
- Delivered teaching excellence to first and second year students since the Diamond opened in September 2015.
- Specialist engineering labs, project spaces and workshops offering engineering students more practical learning opportunities such as the student-led iForge.
Engineering Reception Desk
The Engineering Reception desk is located on Level 3 and is staffed from Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16:30 during term time and 08:30 - 14:00 during non term time.
They can be contacted by telephone on +44 114 222 6155 or via email email@example.com
If you need to contact someone about the Diamond's engineering laboratories, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Merit Scholarships
We offer a generous package of financial support for international students including 75 undergraduate scholarships worth £10,000 towards the annual tuition fee and 125 postgraduate taught scholarships worth £5,000 towards the tuition fee. Applications are now open for existing offer holders.