Industrial Placement Year: meet the team
The Faculty of Engineering has a dedicated team who work alongside departments and the Careers Service to provide advice and support for all students undertaking the Industrial Placement Year.
The team supports students through the placement application process, as well as during the placement year itself. We act as a regular point of contact for students before, during and after their industry placement, as well as liaising with industry partners who employ our students.
Support for students
If you are a student undertaking the Industrial Placement Year we offer the following support:
- Signposting to year in industry vacancies
- 1-1 appointments with the year in industry team
- Tailored events for students seeking a placement year
- Preparatory sessions and events for students starting their placement year
- Pastoral care while on placement including the arrangements for your mid-year placement tutor visit
- Support and monitoring whilst on placement
- Administration support for the assessment of your industrial placement year programme
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A world-class university – a unique student experience
Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. We're a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching.