The Insigneo Institute is driving innovative research at the interface of healthcare, engineering and science to transform the future of healthcare technology.
About the institute
The Insigneo Institute for in silico Medicine is a collaboration between the University of Sheffield, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust.
Established in 2012, the institute has built a strong multidisciplinary network of 280 academics, researchers and clinicians who bring together expertise in biomedical imaging, healthcare data, computational modelling, and digital healthcare technologies.
- To shape technology enhanced healthcare through excellent fundamental science and engineering research with impactful biomedical research applications.
- To increase our clinical impact through translation of technological approaches across all modern healthcare challenges.
- To lead on computational and technological healthcare research and infrastructure, in partnership with the NHS.
- To maximise the uptake of Insigneo's technology with strategic industrial partnerships.
- To intersect with and support the work of key multidisciplinary biomedical-themed research initiatives.