The Information Commons provides a comfortable and safe study environment, as well as extensive technology support, laptop loans, and a high demand collection of 120,000 books.
A wide variety of study environments range from group study to silent study. There’s a comfortable cafe if you need to take a break or meet with friends.
The Information Commons is practical, reliable and perfect for your studies. You can work at a time that suits you.
Features and services
Information Commons services include:
- Over 1300 learning spaces
- Laptop loan lockers
- 120,000 books for taught programmes
- A wellbeing space designed with you in mind
- Collaborative and individual study zones
- Face-to-face consultation and drop-in zones
- Staff on-hand to provide help and expert advice
- Convenient self-service facilities
- Access to digital resources
- Café facilities open in your time of need to serve you that crucial brain food
- Open to Alumni
Spaces to support wellbeing
We take great pride in the fact that our learning spaces are keenly sought out by students as welcoming, practical, reliable and safe environments for their study.
The Garden Room, situated on the ground floor of the Information Commons is no exception. It’s a place of relaxation and calm for students.
This wellbeing space not only offers students a comfortable, relaxing break from their studies, but it also serves to encourage regular breaks away from electronic devices and the temptation to work long hours.
Ask a question
Phone: +44 114 222 7200
Find the right course for you.