Library Accessibility Statement
The University of Sheffield Library is currently working towards achieving full Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA Standard.
For further information on The University of Sheffield's accessibility statement, please visit www.sheffield.ac.uk/accessibility.
We want all University of Sheffield Library users to have full access to our online services. Therefore we aim to ensure that all pages are:
- Compatible with screen readers
- Pass online colour contrast checkers to a minimum of AA
- Include closed captions on all video content
- Enable keyboard shortcuts
- Include alt text on all images
- Audited at regular intervals to ensure ongoing accessibility
Third-party content and websites
The University Library uses a number of third party services and systems to deliver as comprehensive a service as possible to our users. Many of these systems we do not control directly.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Actions we are currently taking to further improve accessibility
When we publish information on this website, we will endeavour to:
- Structure the content in a clear, coherent format
- Use plain English (except for academic or scientific words and terminology for which there is no alternative)
- Use short sentences when possible
- Explain acronyms
- Make sure PDF's or any other downloadable files are accessible
- Write good, clear link text
- Make visual content (images and videos) accessible
- Ensure new features work on assistive technologies.
While we are working towards making all our content as accessible as possible, we are aware that some parts of our web pages won't be fully accessible. If you find any parts of this website which you believe are not meeting the requirements of accessibility requirements, please email email@example.com.