How do I pay for and reclaim my expenses for photocopying and printing?

Guidance on how to pay for and reclaim expenses for photocopying and printing at the University.


How do I pay for my photocopying and printing?

All members of the University are issued with a myPrinting account when they register, which is used for printing and photocopying. If you have a Library Support Worker who photocopies for you, we will also give you a charge card which they can use for this purpose.

Photocopying and printing costs are deducted automatically

  • from your myPrinting account as you do your own transactions (Swipe your UCard in a photocopier or printer control device to begin)
  • from your myPrinting account as your Library Support Worker has your printing released by Information Commons or Library staff
  • from your charge card account as your Library Support Worker does your photocopying

How do I top up my myPrinting account?

Use your debit or credit card.

  • Log in to your MUSE account and select Printing - Account and Web Print from the "All services" A-Z;
  • This will take you to the IT Services Print, Copy, Scan webpage;
  • Go to the Print charges and credit and choose to Top up your print credit using the Student Online Payment system or your printing account.

How do I top up my charge card?

Use the contact details at the bottom of this page, to ask us to transfer money from your myPrinting account to your charge card account.

How do I reclaim my expenses?

Contact us with details of the period for which you would like to reclaim your expenses and we will provide you with a letter to send to your funding body.

If you have used both a charge card and your UCard for photocopying, the letter will confirm the total amount you have spent.

Further information and comments

If you would like further information or wish to comment on any aspect of the service, please contact us by:


Telephone: +44 114 222 7204

Meet the Inclusive Learning Team

Ask a question


Phone: +44 114 222 7200