Archives of Cultural Tradition Miscellaneous Manuscripts
Ref: MS 452
Title: Archives of Cultural Tradition Miscellaneous Manuscripts
Scope: An extremely wide and varied collection of material relating to mainly British cultural tradition. The collection is loosely focused on folklore, dialect and domesticity. It is made up of printed ephemera, hand written accounts and reproduced and original documents across a wide time frame.
Extent: 64 boxes
Name of creator: Archives of Cultural Tradition
Administrative / biographical history:
This collection is made up of individual donations to the Archives of Cultural Tradition. Items mainly relate to British cultural tradition, although other countries are present. Folklore, dialect and domesticity are represented through printed ephemera, hand-written accounts and published documents. Much of the material covers local history and folk-traditions with newspaper cuttings and relevant articles as well as survey studies collected by the Archives of Cultural Tradition.
- Source: Donated between 1963 and 1999; transferred to University of Sheffield Library July 2008
- System of arrangement: As received
- Subjects: Folklore, Cultural traditions
- Conditions of access: Available to all researchers, by appointment
- Restrictions: None
- Copyright: According to document
- Finding aids: Listed