Ref: Special Collection
Title: Krebs Collection
Scope: A collection of around 1250 items from the library of Sir Hans Krebs
Extent: c.1250 volumes
Name of creator: Sir Hans Adolf Krebs
Administrative / biographical history:
A collection of around 1250 items from the library of Sir Hans Krebs, Lecturer and subsequently Professor of Biochemistry at Sheffield from 1935 to 1954, and Nobel Prize Winner in 1953 for his work, along with Fritz Lipmann, in discovering in living organisms the series of chemical reactions known as the tricarboxylic acid cycle. For further biographical details, see the collection level description for the Krebs Papers (MS 116).
The Krebs Collection consists of over 800 books and periodicals, which have been individually catalogued, and over 400 pamphlets, newspaper cuttings and reprints of journal articles, which have been listed.
Some of the material has been annotated by Krebs.
- Related collections: Krebs Papers
- Source: Deposited by will in 1982
- System of arrangement: Numerical
- Subjects: Biochemistry
- Names: Krebs, Sir Hans Adolf (1900-1981)
- Conditions of access: Available to all researchers, by appointment
- Restrictions: None
- Finding aids: Listed and catalogued