Ref: Special Collection
Title: Zaidman Collection
Scope: The personal library of Lazar Zaidman, reflecting his interests in anti-Fascism, Jewish matters, politics and economics before, during and after World War II
Dates: mainly 1920s to 1950s
Extent: 336 vols.
Administrative / biographical history:
The collection was the personal library of Lazar Zaidman (1903-1963), a leading London Jewish Communist of the period of the 1930s to the 1950s (for further details see the entry under Zaidman Papers).
A collection of pamphlets formerly housed with the Collection is now kept with the Zaidman Papers.
- Related collections: East End Newspaper Reports; Mendelson Collection; Zaidman Papers
- Source: Donated 1985
- System of arrangement: Numerical
- Subjects: Antisemitism; Communism; Fascism; Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945); Jews in Germany - Persecutions - 1933-1945
- Names: Antcliffe, Herbert
- Conditions of access: Available to all researchers, by appointment
- Finding aids: Listed and catalogued