Funding for pre-registration healthcare courses

The MMedSci Speech and Language Therapy, MMedSci Nursing Studies (leading to professional registration as an Adult Nurse) and MSc in Midwifery (Pre-registration) courses have different fee and funding arrangements to other postgraduate courses.

Student nurse with patient


The fees for these courses are shown on each course page:


English domiciled students

Eligible English domiciled students can access the undergraduate financial support package from Student Finance England. You can access this support even if you have received loans to study an undergraduate or postgraduate course before. 

Depending on your household income you may also be eligible to receive support from the University of Sheffield Bursary Scheme. 

Further information about the support available can be found on our undergraduate funding pages.

As a postgraduate student you can not apply for undergraduate scholarships.

Students who live in the devolved nations

If you live in the devolved nations you can access postgraduate support from your funding provider. Awards and eligibility criteria vary:

Student Awards Agency Scotland

Student Finance Northern Ireland

Student Finance Wales

NHS Learning Support Fund

Eligible students may also be able to apply to the NHS Learning Support Fund (LSF).

Contact the funding team

For specific questions about fees, bursaries, scholarships and financial support, get in touch: