Meetings and minutes
The University Executive Board seeks to be open and transparent and make information available to University colleagues.
University Executive Board minutes
UEB members are responsible for cascading information from UEB meetings to their own areas and minutes of meetings are available on these web pages, with appropriate provision for closed items.
UEB usually meets weekly, on Tuesdays. Every fortnight there is a business meeting, with a formal agenda, papers and minutes. Every alternate week, there is a more informal meeting providing an opportunity for discussion of strategic items, for briefings and training, or blue sky thinking. These informal meetings do not have minutes and if decisions are taken they are recorded in the minutes of the next formal meeting.
The minutes are drafted by the minute secretary and approved by the chair, before being circulated to UEB members as unconfirmed minutes. The next business meeting of UEB will receive the minutes and have an opportunity to agree or amend them, before they are shared on these pages.
Meeting minutes archive
How to place an item on the agenda
Papers should then be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and no later than 12 noon on the Wednesday preceding the meeting date.
Your paper should:
- Clearly detail the name of the UEB sponsor and author/s at the beginning of the paper
- Have a very clear but brief statement at the beginning of paper under the heading action for UEB stating what UEB is being asked to do, for example discuss/debate/decide/recommend to the President and Vice-Chancellor
- Include the purpose of the paper which should provide background and context
- Be clear about your requested action, for example, note, endorse, approve, decide
- Indicate what happens next, for example responsibility for action, report to a University committee, consultation, communication
- Be clear whether any decisions that UEB may make are implementing existing Senate and Council policy (and may be reported to these bodies); or require UEB to make recommendations or proposals to Senate and Council
- Identify in advance whether the paper, or parts of the paper, are confidential and should be regarded as closed business
University Executive Board meetings
Meetings take place on Tuesdays unless otherwise stated.
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.