Dr Zhixiang Chen
Department of Computer Science
Lecturer in Machine Learning
Member of the Machine Learning research group
Member of the Visual Learning research group
+44 114 222 1923
Full contact details
Department of Computer Science
Regent Court (DCS)
Dr. Zhixiang Chen is a Lecturer in Machine Learning at the Department of Computer Science of the University of Sheffield. Before joining the University of Sheffield, he held postdoctoral positions at Imperial College London, UK and Tsinghua University, China. He received a PhD degree from Tsinghua University, China and a B.Eng. degree from Xi'an Jiaotong University, China.
- Research interests
Dr. Chen is interested in various areas of Computer Vision and Machine Learning including human analysis, detection and retrieval.
This person does not have any publications available.
- Unsupervised Variational Video Hashing With 1D-CNN-LSTM Networks. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 22(6), 1542-1554.
- Reconstruction-based supervised hashing. Pattern Recognition, 79, 147-161.
- Nonlinear Structural Hashing for Scalable Video Search. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 28(6), 1421-1433.
- Collaborative multiview hashing. Pattern Recognition, 75, 149-160.
- Binary Representation Learning and Its Applications. Moshi Shibie yu Rengong Zhineng/Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, 31(1), 12-22.
- Nonlinear Sparse Hashing. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 19(9), 1996-2009.
- Instant Dense 3D Reconstruction-Based UAV Vision Localization. Tien Tzu Hsueh Pao/Acta Electronica Sinica, 45(6), 1294-1300.
- Interactive Calibrating 3D surveillance system Based on 3d reconstruction. Tien Tzu Hsueh Pao/Acta Electronica Sinica, 45(3), 527-533.
- Nonlinear Discrete Hashing. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 19(1), 123-135.
- Incremental image set querying based localization. Neurocomputing, 208, 315-324.
- Building change detection with RGB-D map generated from UAV images. Neurocomputing, 208, 350-364.
- Multiple model fusion in 3-D reconstruction: Illumination and scale invariance. Qinghua Daxue Xuebao/Journal of Tsinghua University, 56(9), 969-973.
- Schedule refinement for homogeneous multi-core processors in the presence of manufacturing-caused heterogeneity. Frontiers of Information Technology & Electronic Engineering, 16(12), 1018-1033.
- Energy-efficient stream task scheduling scheme for embedded multimedia applications on multi-issued stream architectures. Journal of Systems Architecture, 59(4-5), 187-201.
- Design of a Random Test Platform for DSP Serials Used in Embedded Systems. Advanced Materials Research, 267, 98-103.
- Distance-Normalized Unified Representation for Monocular 3D Object Detection, Computer Vision – ECCV 2020 (pp. 91-107). Springer International Publishing
- Order-Sensitive Deep Hashing for Multimorbidity Medical Image Retrieval, Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention – MICCAI 2018 (pp. 620-628). Springer International Publishing
Conference proceedings papers
- Geometry-based Distance Decomposition for Monocular 3D Object Detection. 2021 IEEE/CVF International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 10 October 2021 - 17 October 2021.
- Learning Feature Aggregation for Deep 3D Morphable Models. 2021 IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 20 June 2021 - 25 June 2021.
- Neighborhood Preserving Hashing for Scalable Video Retrieval. 2019 IEEE/CVF International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 27 October 2019 - 2 November 2019.
- Deep Hashing via Discrepancy Minimization. 2018 IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 18 June 2018 - 23 June 2018.
- Rank-Consistency Multi-Label Deep Hashing. 2018 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), 23 July 2018 - 27 July 2018.
- Reconstruction-based supervised hashing. 2017 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), 10 July 2017 - 14 July 2017.
- Compiler-assisted leakage energy optimization of media applications on stream architectures. International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design (ISQED), 4 March 2013 - 6 March 2013.
- Implementation of H.264 intra-frame encoding on clustered stream architectures. 2013 IEEE 10th International Conference on ASIC, 28 October 2013 - 31 October 2013.
- Design of a dynamic reconfigurable coprocessor for flexible precision matrix algorithms in media processing and industrial control applications. 2013 IEEE Third International Conference on Information Science and Technology (ICIST), 23 March 2013 - 25 March 2013.
- A failure to communicate: Security vulnerabilities in the GridStreamX Edgeware application. 2013 IEEE Third International Conference on Information Science and Technology (ICIST), 23 March 2013 - 25 March 2013.
- Research and Implementation of Random Test Generator for VLIW DSPs. 2013 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INFORMATION SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (ICIST) (pp 524-527)
- Low Power Schedule Algorithm for Embedded Multimedia Applications Basing on Imagine-L Processor. 2012 IEEE 14th International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communication & 2012 IEEE 9th International Conference on Embedded Software and Systems, 25 June 2012 - 27 June 2012.
- Professional activities
2019 China Society of Image and Graphics Doctoral Dissertation Award
2018 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo Best Paper Award
2017 China National Postdoctoral Program for Innovative Talents
Grant Reviewer: UKRI-FLF, NSFC
Senior Program Committee Member: AAAI 2023
Conference Reviewer: CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ICLR, NeurIPS, ICME, MICCAI, ACCV, WACV, ICIP, ICPR, ACM MM
Journal Reviewer: IEEE T-PAMI, IEEE T-IP, IEEE T-MM, IEEE T-CSVT, PR, PRL, IVC, CVIU