News and Events:
Congratulations to Laura Shawcross, a PhD student based in Chemistry but co-supervised in the Dental School, for her success in winning the very prestigious Nature Chemistry Prize for Best Short Presentation: 'Investigating the Interactions Between Nanoscale Calcium Phosphates and Polymer Additives’ at the 5th Annual Postgraduate Symposium on Nanotechnology, University of Birmingham.
The School is pleased to announce that the following students have been awarded their PhDs:
- Caroline Wilcock - Nanostructured medical ceramics for bone tissue regeneration. (Supervisor: Prof. Paul Hatton.)
- Eamar Al Gtewi - Using online support groups to explore the experiences of individuals with head and neck cancer (Supervisors Drs Sarah Baker and Jan Owens).
- Abdulsalam Eddaiki - From compliance to concordance with orthodontic treatment (Supervisors Prof Philip Benson and Dr Zoe Marshman).
- Joe Hulin
- Fiona Gilchrist - Development of a child-centred caries specific measure of oral health related quality of life. (Supervisors Prof Chris Deery, Dr Zoe Marshman and Prof Helen Rodd).
- Genevieve Melling- supervised by Dan Lambert
Annual Postgraduate Research Day
- March 17th 2016 - Programme to follow
- March 19th 2015 - 1st year talk: Runner up - Jordan Talbot; Winner - Mark Ofield
2nd year poster: Runner up - Diana Ferreira; Winner - Joss Atkinson
3rd year Gone in 60 seconds talk: Runner-up - Kate Naylor; Winner - Sarhang Gul
Prizes and Awards
- BSODR 2015 Cardiff Success - 'Double Top for Sheffield' Rob Bolt (SENIOR COLGATE- supervised by Keith Hunter), Paul Hankinson (JUNIOR COLGATE - supervised by Keith Hunter), Kate Naylor - OMIG PG research symposium prize
- Advanced Biomanufacturing Centre launch meeting - Charlotte Green- poster prize