Late Entry Policy
It is expected that students arrive at laboratory sessions at or before the start time advertised in the timetable.
It is expected that students arrive at laboratory sessions at or before the start time advertised in the timetable. We strongly encourage you to attend your face to face labs to receive the full learning experience of the lab.
If you arrive after the start time of a laboratory class, you may not be allowed to take part in the activity and will be turned away.
- There are a number of reasons why you will not be permitted late entry including:
- The delivery of certain activities requires everyone to be present at the start of the session, for example for the allocation of groups or hearing important safety information.
- Latecomers may not have time to complete the activities with the time remaining.
- Students arriving late can cause disruption to students already engaged in their laboratory class.
If you are permitted to enter a particular laboratory class late, it may not be permitted again.
Staff running the laboratories may not have time to explain to you why you have been turned away if you are late, as they will need to focus on teaching the class.
If you have been turned away from a lab for being late, you should contact your home department. If you have concerns or questions about this policy, please contact;
- Pre Lab Activities
You must complete all relevant pre lab and Health and Safety activities at least 1 hour in advance of the lab. Failure to do so will result in you being refused entry into the lab. These can be found within the relevant lab folders.
- Missing a Face to Face Lab
In the unfortunate case you’re unable to attend a lab, you can catch up on the lab by completing the online alternative. More information can be found here.
International Merit Scholarships
We offer a generous package of financial support for international students including 75 undergraduate scholarships worth £10,000 towards the annual tuition fee and 125 postgraduate taught scholarships worth £5,000 towards the tuition fee. Applications are now open for existing offer holders.