Health Sciences Library
Find out how to access and evacuate The Health Sciences Library at the Royal Hallamshire hospital.
Three accessible parking spaces outside the Medical School are for use by holders of a local authority blue badge or a University of Sheffield parking permit. For the most up-to-date information on other accessible parking locations, check with the Hospital at +44 114 2711 900. You can find further information about University parking at Parking Services.
Accessing the library
The single-storey Royal Hallamshire Hospital Library (RHHL) is situated on Floor C of the Medical School. There is street-level access to the building, via automatic doors, from Beech Hill Road.
An alternative entrance is via the automatic doors on Floor B of the Medical School. You can then take the lift to Floor C. If you have any problems with access, email email@example.com or telephone +44 114 222 7335.
A turnstile entrance operates within the RHHL. Staff will be happy to open the access gate for you on entry and exit. For your safety, we ask you to sign in, so that if an evacuation of the Library is necessary, a member of staff will be on hand to assist you.
Facilities for disabled customers
There is an accessible toilet on Floor B of the Medical School.
There are three emergency exits:
- The easiest option is to leave via the Library’s main entrance/exit doors and make your way out of the building.
- Alternatively, go through the two sets of double doors opposite the Information Desk. This corridor will lead you to the Medical School foyer on Floor C.
- If it is not possible to use either of these exits, head towards the Silent Study Room (C16g), turn right and immediately left down the aisle which has journals shelved on either side. Turn left at the end of the aisle and leave through the fire door. This escape route takes you into the Hospital. If you intend to study in the library, we advise you to familiarise yourself with this route.
Medical School Entrance, Beech Hill Road.
Further information and comments
If you would like further information on both the Royal Hallamshire or Northen General hospitals, or wish to comment on any aspect of the service for disabled and dyslexic customers, contact us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 114 222 7204
- Meet the Inclusive Learning Team