Library sites and facilities
There are four library sites at the University of Sheffield, each site has a range of study spaces, so you can choose the space that’s best for you. All library sites have networked PC’s, WiFi, printers and photocopiers.
Accessibility in the Library sites
Tours and inductions
You can arrange induction and tour of any of the Library sites, in which staff can advise you on the best ways to access resources and also practical matters such as emergency evacuation procedures. A one-to-one advice session with a subject librarian can also be arranged.
Assistance dogs trained by members of assistance dogs (UK) or by an equivalent organisation in another country, and have formal identification are permitted to accompany their owners at all times and in all places within the UK (unless there is a genuine health and safety risk) including University buildings.
- Diamond - In the disabled toilet on the Ground Floor.
- Royal Hallamshire hospital library - In the disabled toilet on the floor below the Library (B Floor Medical School).
- Information Commons - In the disabled toilet on level 0 (requires a radar key which is available from level 0 Concierge Desk).
- Diamond - all floors. No radar key required.
- Information Commons - All floors. Most require a radar key (available from level 0 Concierge desk). There are standard lock toilets on levels one, two and three.
- Western Bank Library - Ground floor. Requires a radar key (available at the level five Information Desk).
- Royal Hallamshire Hospital library - closest is on the floor below the Library (B Floor Medical School). No radar key required.
- Diamond - Level 0.
- Diamond - Male and Female Prayer Rooms 1.03 and 1.04 on the First Floor).
- Information Commons - Male and Female Prayer and Meditiation Rooms 4.48 and 4.49 on level four.
- Diamond - Male and Female Wudu facilities in basement and on level one.
- Information Commons - Male and Female Wudu facilities in level four Prayer Rooms.