Parking at student residences


Car parks at student residences are managed by the permit system. This ensures that car parks are only used by those who live on, work at and visit the site.

Staff can apply for a Category R permit and park at residences, walking the rest of their journey. In addition, there is pubic car parking at the Endcliffe Residences (Stanage).

Permit types

There are two types of permit at student residences: Category R (Staff) and Category R (Student).

Click here to see pricing information for these permits


Students - are you insured? If you have not informed your insurance company that you intend to bring your vehicle to University you may not be insured. The change may also affect your insurance premiums.

We recommend that you ensure that you have valid insurance cover before bringing your vehicle to Sheffield and applying for a permit.