Our graduates can take advantage of a discount on tuition fees.
As a Sheffield graduate, you’re entitled to a discount on your tuition fees. The discount you'll receive depends on the grade you achieve or achieved in your undergraduate course and the level of study:
Postgraduate Taught Courses
- 20% discount if you achieve a First (capped at £2,500)
- 15% discount if you achieve a 2:1 (capped at £2,000)
- 10% discount if you achieve a 2:2 (capped at £1,500) or attended a Study Abroad/Erasmus programme with us.
Postgraduate Research Courses
- 10% discount on tuition fees (capped at £1,500).
If you've previously graduated from the University, or attended a Study Abroad/Erasmus programme at the University, and intend to pursue further studies with us then you're eligible to apply.
You must be starting a new postgraduate course at the University of Sheffield.
Further information about the Alumni Rewards can be found below.
Home fee paying students
You will need to tick the 'UG at Sheffield' box on the financial declaration page when completing your online pre-registration tasks. The discount will then be automatically applied to your tuition fee.
Overseas fee paying students
You will need to complete the application form below. You will then receive an email confirming the discount once it has been applied.
Please do not submit an application until you have received an offer to study with us. You should use your MUSE for Applicants login details to access the application form.
If you started your course before September 2021, please email email@example.com.
- Terms and conditions
- The discount will be applied for full and part-time Masters, Postgraduate Certificates and Postgraduate Diplomas and Postgraduate Research (including Distance Learning courses).
- The discount will only be applied to the self-funded part of the fee (fees paid by yourself or a family member).
- Fully sponsored students are not eligible to receive the discount.
- Overseas students must apply for a discount by completing the application form. This must be done either prior to starting your course or in your first year, there will be no retrospective discounts applied.
- If you are a home fee paying student and take a postgraduate government loan (Masters/Doctoral) to pay your fees this will be classed as self-sponsored and therefore eligible for the discount.
- If you are in receipt of one of the Sheffield Postgraduate Scholarships, available to home fee paying students, you are not eligible for the discount.
- Students in receipt of the Sheffield MBA Scholarship are not eligible for the discount.
- The fee discount can be awarded in addition to University of Sheffield International Scholarships.
- Integrated courses (e.g. MArch and MEng), PGDE qualifications and postgraduate courses that attract undergraduate funding are excluded from Alumni Rewards.
- You cannot receive both the Postgraduate Taught Alumni Loyalty Award and the Postgraduate Taught Alumni Excellence Scholarship.
- Some short duration CPD courses are not eligible to receive the discount.
- Students studying Medicine at the University who decide to intercalate on a postgraduate course with us are eligible to apply. You will be asked to provide a statement from your department to confirm your current academic standing.
- The fee discount is not applicable during any year(s) abroad or year(s) in industry.
- For postgraduate research students the discount can only be awarded for each year tuition fees are paid. No discount will be issued in writing up periods.
- The discount will be taken from your fees after you register online. We will need to verify your status and that the course you are studying is eligible. You'll be notified if you are ineligible and any payment you have made or arranged will be adjusted accordingly.
- This scheme replaces all fee discounts previously offered by the University to graduates and students who have attended a Study Abroad or Erasmus programme with us. Please contact the Financial Support Team (details below) if you started your course prior to September 2021 and think you may be eligible for an alumni discount.
Fees and Funding Team
For specific questions about fees, bursaries, scholarships and financial support, get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.