Staged admissions for postgraduate applications
Our most popular courses receive many more applications than we have study places available. To manage the competition for places on these courses, we operate a staged admissions process, with application and decision deadlines throughout the year.
You will apply in the usual way using our Postgraduate Online Application Form, but we give preference to applications that exceed the course entry requirements.
Applications for entry in September 2021 open from September 2020.
Find out about courses that assess applications in this way, and the dates of the stages they will be using for September 2021 entry:
- MSc courses in the Management School
- Selected MSc courses in the Information School
- MSc courses in the Department of Computer Science
- Selected MA courses in the Department of Journalism Studies
- MA Digital Media and Society
- MA courses in the School of Architecture
- Selected MA courses in the Department of Landscape Architecture
Explore all postgraduate courses
A masters from Sheffield means in-depth knowledge, advanced skills and the confidence to achieve your ambitions.