Staged admissions for postgraduate applications
Our most popular courses receive many more applications than we have study places available. To manage the competition for places on these courses, we operate a staged admissions process, with application and decision deadlines throughout the year.
You will apply in the usual way using our Postgraduate Online Application Form, but we give preference to applications that exceed the course entry requirements.
Applications for entry in September 2022 open from September 2021.
Find out about courses that assess applications in this way, and the dates of the stages they will be using for September 2022 entry:
- Masters courses in the School of Architecture
- MSc courses in the Department of Computer Science
- MSc Data Science
- Selected MA courses in the Department of Journalism Studies
- Selected MA courses in the Department of Landscape Architecture
- MSc courses in the Management School
- MA Digital Media and Society
Find a postgraduate course
A masters from Sheffield means in-depth knowledge, advanced skills and the confidence to achieve your ambitions.