Staged admissions for postgraduate applications
Our most popular courses receive many more applications than we have study places available. To manage the competition for places on these courses, we operate a staged admissions process, with application and decision deadlines throughout the year.
You will apply in the usual way using our Postgraduate Online Application Form, but we give preference to applications that exceed the course entry requirements.
Applications for entry in September 2024 open from September 2023.
Find out about courses that assess applications in this way, and the dates of the stages they will be using for September 2023 entry:
- Masters courses in the School of Architecture
- MSc courses in the Department of Computer Science
- MSc Data Science
- MA Global Journalism
- Selected MA courses in the Department of Landscape Architecture
- MSc courses in the Management School
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- MA Digital Media and Society
Postgraduate online open day
Book your place at our online open day on Wednesday 26 April to find out more about postgraduate taught study at the University of Sheffield.