Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Management
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering
Interested in a management career? This course combines advanced mechanical engineering subjects with management modules specially designed for engineers. You’ll complete a research project that brings together technical and management issues. And you can choose taught modules that support your project work.
- Design Innovation Toolbox
- Individual Research Project
- Advanced Experiments and Modelling
- Adaptive Decision Making in Professional Engineering Environments
- Managing Engineering Projects and Risk
- Industrial Marketing: Basics and Cases
- Engineering Marketable Solutions: Make a Change!
- The Professional Responsibility of Engineers
A selection from:
- Additive Manufacturing – Principles and Applications
- Finite Element Analysis with Ansys
- Aerodynamic Design
- Experimental Stress Analysis
- Mechanical Engineering of Railways
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Solid Biomechanics
You’ll learn through:
- Practical classes
- Small group work
- Online modules
You’re assessed by:
- Coursework assignments
1 year full-time
A 2:1 in mechanical engineering or a related subject. If you have qualifications in other science/engineering subjects such as maths or physics, or you have relevant professional experience, we’ll consider your application.
English language requirements
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
We have been working with Solvay Composites to develop experimental mechanics tools to gain a focused understanding of the damage mechanisms of Carbon Fibre Reinforced Polymer composites. These capabilities, and the understanding gained, are being used to aid customers’ design and usage of composites, and to help the company formulate improved systems for next-generation applications in the aerospace and automotive industries.
You can apply for postgraduate study using our Postgraduate Online Application Form. It's a quick and easy process.
+44 114 222 7704
The course information set out here may change before you begin, particularly if you are applying significantly in advance of the start date.