The Aziz Foundation Scholarship
This scholarship offers financial and professional support to British Muslims who are dedicated to bringing positive change to society.
- Students: UK
- Value: Full tuition fee scholarship
- Places: Five awards for those starting a eligible course (see below) in academic year 2021–22
- Application deadlines: 31 March 2021 (cycle 1), 16 July 2021 (cycle 2)
The Aziz Foundation was established in 2015 by the Aziz family, and is inspired by the values and teaching of Islam to support the most disadvantaged communities in Britain. Since 2019, the foundation has focused on supporting Muslim individuals by offering masters scholarships that allow recipients to progress in their careers and make meaningful contributions to their industry, community and society as a whole.
Successful applicants will receive a full scholarship for their tuition fees and access to a programme of training days and career mentors via Aziz Scholarships Plus and the Aziz Scholars Association.
Scholarships are awarded to UK individuals with career aspirations in law, media, journalism, and policy. The University of Sheffield awards are therefore restricted to those applying to one of the postgraduate taught courses listed below.
Applicants should meet all of the following requirements:
- Eligible for Home fees status at the University
- Be active within a Muslim community and demonstrate intimate knowledge of issues affecting British Muslim communities
- Able to demonstrate long-term commitment to community/societal development within Britain
- Demonstrate that they require financial assistance in order to undertake a masters degree
- School of Law
- Department of Journalism Studies
- Department of Animal and Plant Sciences
- Department of Politics and International Relations
- Department of Economics
Apply nowApplications are submitted online, via a portal on the Aziz Foundation website. Applicants will need to demonstrate active engagement in British Muslim communities, a long-term commitment to community/societal development, and a need for financial assistance in order to undertake a masters degree.
- Cycle 1: 31 March 2021
- Cycle 2: 16 July 2021
The scholarship application process is undertaken independently of your study application to Sheffield. Both applications must be successful to receive the scholarship.
Explore all postgraduate courses
A masters from Sheffield means in-depth knowledge, advanced skills and the confidence to achieve your ambitions.