Liz Cross BA, MA
Senior Trial Manager
Clinical Trials Research Unit
Design, Trials & Statistics
School of Health & Related Research (ScHARR)
The University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street,
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel:+44 (0)114 222 0762
Fax:+44 (0)114 222 0749
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
ORCID ID: orcid.org/0000-0002-7976-8463
I started working in ScHARR in 1995 in the Medical Care Research Unit and now work in the Clinical Trials Research Unit. I've managed large randomised controlled trials such as RATPAC, SABRE and Big CACTUS.
I am currently a Senior Trial Manager overseeing the RCT phase of DAFNEplus, and supporting study managers in the unit.
A cluster randomised controlled trial of the DAFNEplus (Dose Adjustment for Normal Eating) intervention: A lifelong approach to promote effective self-management in adults with type 1 diabetes
Funder: NIHR PGfAR £2.7m. Chief Investigator: Simon Heller
For a full list of Liz's publications, please click here.
- Mark L Everard, Daniel Hind, Kelechi Ugonna, Jennifer Freeman, Mike Bradburn, Cindy L Cooper, Elizabeth Cross, Chin Maguire, Hannah Cantrill, John Alexander, Paul S McNamara, on behalf of The SABRE Study Team. SABRE: a multicentre randomised controlled trial of nebulised hypertonic saline in infants hospitalised with acute bronchiolitis. Thorax 2014;69:1105–1112. doi:10.1136/thoraxjnl2014-205953
- Goodacre SW, Bradburn M, Cross E, Collinson P, Gray A, Hall AS on behalf of the RATPAC Research Team. The Randomised Assessment of Treatment using Panel Assay of Cardiac Markers (RATPAC) trial: a randomised controlled trial of point-of-care cardiac markers in the emergency department. Heart doi:10.1136/hrt.2010.203166. Online at http://heart.bmj.com/content/early/2010/09/30/hrt.2010.203166.full
- Fitzgerald P, Goodacre S, Cross E, Dixon S. Cost-effectiveness of point-of-care biomarker assessment for suspected myocardial infarction: The RATPAC Trial (Randomised Assessment of Treatment using Panel Assay of Cardiac markers). Academic Emergency Medicine. In Press.
- Cross E, Goodacre S. Patient satisfaction with chest pain unit care: findings from the Effectiveness and Safety of Chest Pain Assessment to Prevent Emergency Admissions (ESCAPE) cluster randomised trial. EMJ 2010;27:774-778 Published Online First: 20 July 2010 doi:10.1136/emj.2009.086298
- Goodacre S, Cross E, Lewis C, Nicholl J, Capewell S. Effectiveness & safety of chest pain assessment to prevent emergency admission: ESCAPE cluster randomised trial. BMJ 2007;335:659.
- Arnold J, Goodacre S, Morris F and on behalf of the ESCAPE research team. Structure, process and outcomes of chest pain units established in the ESCAPE trial. EMJ 2007;24:462-466.
- Cross E, How S, Goodacre S. Development of acute chest pain services in the United Kingdom.
Emerg Med J 2007; 24:100-102.
- Cross E, Goodacre S, O’Cathain A, Arnold J. Rationing in the Emergency Department: the good, the bad and the unacceptable. Emerg Med J Mar 2005; 22: 171 – 176.