Mr David Reid PG Cert. Ed., M.Sc., BA (Hons)
Senior University Teacher
The School of Nursing & Midwifery
Office located at:
Room C16, Barber House,
387 Glossop Road,
Sheffield S10 2LA.
Tel: +44 (0) 114 222 2060
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
I joined the University of Sheffield in 1999 and, apart from a brief period with the Alzheimer´s Society, I have been employed as a researcher and am now a Senior University Teacher in the School of Nursing and Midwifery. I am Disability Liaison Officer for the School.
I have undertaken dementia care practice research and published articles on this and on relationship-centred approaches to dementia care. I have also undertaken adult safeguarding research. In my work on dementia I am committed to exploring what dementia means to those people directly affected: people with dementia, their families and health and social care practitioners. I am currently undertaking an Ed.D in Educational Studies at the University of Sheffield (2016-).
I am Programme Lead of the cross-faculty team delivering the MA Dementia Studies and teach on the Theorising dementia in the UK Policy Context module. Prior to this I led the Foundations in Relationship-Centred Dementia Care course for 5 years. I lead a number of modules on the School´s B.Med.Sci in Health and Human Sciences. I am particularly interested in the co-production of dementia education with people with dementia and their supporters.
- Sheffield Dementia Information Pack
- Founder and Coordinator Annual International South Yorkshire Dementia Creative Arts Exhibition and Co-Founder Greater Michigan Annual International Dementia Creative Arts Exhibition
- REID, D. (2014) An annual offer of creative ‘here and now’ moments. The Journal of Dementia Care, May/June, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp.24-27
- REID, D., WARNES, T., LOW, L. (2014) ‘Living well…I like the sound of that’. The Journal of Dementia Care, Jan/Feb, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp29-31.
- REID, D., PENHALE, B., MANTHORPE, J., PERKINS, N., PINKNEY, L. and HUSSEIN, S. (2009) Form and function: views from members of Adult Protection Committees in England and Wales, Journal of Adult Protection 11, 4, 20-29
- RYAN T, NOLAN M, REID D, ENDERBY P. (2008) Using the Senses Framework to achieve relationship-centred dementia care services: A case example. Dementia 7: 71-93.
- REID D, RYAN T, ENDERBY P. (2001) What does it mean to listen to people with dementia? Disability & Society 16: 377-392.
Publications in progress
Reid, D. (Submission Spring 2018) Developing inter-disciplinary dementia education: lessons from Sheffield.
Ward, C. and Reid, D. (Submission Spring 2018) “Ola! Colin speaking”: views of a man with dementia about his participation in dementia education governance.