Continuing UK/EU undergraduate fees
Students who started their studies from September 2017
Students who started their studies September 2012–September 2016:
The University will review tuition fees each year. The current expectation is that we will increase fees for each year of study in line with inflation as specified by parliament. Eligible UK and EU students can apply for a tuition fee loan from the UK government.
EU referendum advice
As a continuing UK/EU student in 2018-19 you will remain on the UK/EU rate for the duration of your studies.
Eligible UK and EU students can apply for a tuition fee loan from the UK government.
For the most up-to-date information and advice about the EU referendum please see this dedicated link: www.sheffield.ac.uk/eu-advice
Continuing Overseas Undergraduate Fees
If you are a Continuing Overseas student please check your 'My Registration' Link (when available) on your Muse Account for your fee.
Continuing Overseas students in 2018-19
- If you started in 2015-16 or before: Your fee is fixed at the same amount it was in the 2015-16 year.
- If you started in 2016-17 or 2017-18: Your fee is fixed at the same amount it was in your first year of study.
To pay your fees you can log into the "Online Registration for Continuing students" task in Muse where you can select the "Arrange Fee Payment" task to complete payment.
The following Payment Plans are available ONLY to students who started in 2017/18 or before:
Payment in Full
OVERSEAS STUDENTS only: Full Payment discount: If your share of the tuition fee is £4,260 or more, you will be entitled to receive a 2% discount. This is deducted from your share of the fee. Please note the 2% discount is only available if you pay in full either on, or before your registration start date.
Payment in 2 instalments: If your share of the tuition fee is £1000 or more and you are in attendance for the full academic year, you can pay your tuition fee in 2 instalments. This enables you to pay 50% of your share of the fee from your nominated bank account during the enrolment process and a further 50% on 1 February 2019.
Payment in 4 instalments: If your share of the tuition fee is £9000 or more and you are in attendance for the full academic year or if you are part-time or a distance learner, you can pay your tuition fee in 4 instalments. This enables you to pay 25% of your share of the fee from your nominated bank account during the enrolment process, and further 25% instalments on 1 December 2018, 1 February 2019 and 1 April 2019.
You can arrange to pay, in advance, as part of online registration by:
- Credit Card (MasterCard/Visa/JCB) or a UK Debit Card (Visa Debit/Debit MasterCard): the card can be your own or that of a parent or family member.
- Direct Debit (must be a UK current bank account): The account can be your own or that of a parent or family member. You can arrange to pay in instalments. Please note that the facility to pay by Direct Debit is only available if you are arranging to pay your fee in advance and accessing the payment screens before 15th September 2018. You will not be able to arrange payment by Direct Debit if you are arranging payment on the day you register.
- AVAILABLE IF PAYING IN ONE INSTALMENT ONLY: Cheque or Sterling bank draft: send a cheque (from a UK bank account) or a sterling bank draft, made payable to the University of Sheffield. Write your name and Personal ID/Applicant Number on the reverse of the cheque or bank draft. Send the cheque/draft to: Finance Documentation (Tuition Fee), Fees Team, Student Administration Service, Firth Court, Western Bank, SHEFFIELD, S10 2TN, UK, together with a covering note explaining what the payment is for and for whom. The University will present the cheque or bank draft to its bank within a few days of receiving it; therefore please do not post-date the cheque.
- OVERSEAS only: AVAILABLE IF PAYING IN ONE INSTALMENT ONLY: Western Union Business Solutions: This is a simpler, faster way for you to securely send bank transfers to us. To make your payment using Western Union simply click here and then click on the Western Union logo.
If you have any queries concerning your tuition fees or the payment arrangements, please email us as firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the Student Administration Helpline on 0114 222 1288.