Social Sciences building site and other work on Northumberland Road:
- On Sunday 4 November we closed Northumberland Road to complete some tree and vegetation work on the bank bordering the site for the Social Sciences building. This will move onto the bank bordering Marlborough Road around 12 November.
- On Sunday 11 November Northumberland Road will be closed for the safe felling of a large tree in the grounds of the old Psychology building. Unfortunately the specimen has died and is now considered unsafe.
Work on Crewe flats site:
- On Monday 5 November a team will be clearing undergrowth so they can access a number of trees overhanging Betjeman Gardens. Once they can get to the trees they will be carrying out a programme of crown reductions, maintenance and pruning. There is one structurally unsafe sycamore tree which will be felled.
Planting at the heart of campus:
- On Monday 17 December the team plans to plant a Liquidambar styraciflua next to the Alfred Denny building, in the tree pit which was installed as part of our concourse refurbishment works.
- On Wednesday 19 December we are planting a large pocket handkerchief tree in the grounds of Brook Hill Hall, just up the road on the University Arms pub.
Plans for Christmas and new year:
- The team will be putting up the Firth Court Christmas tree and others in the quad on 3 December.
- Leavygreave Road will be twinkling this year when fairy lights are hung on the 'plantables' trees.
- Come and have your Christmas tree chipped in the new year - proposed date for this chipping is Saturday 5 January, 8am-3pm (location TBC).