PhD opportunities in the category Energy generation - Anaerobic digestion (AD).
- Improved reactor design and operation for the anaerobic digestion of biowastes
- Power generation in rural communities
- Modelling, design and testing of integrated anaerobic digestion and hydroponics systems for closed-loop urban applications
- Development and validation of control strategies for flexible and demand-driven anaerobic digestion
- Optimising anaerobic co-digestion: Improving the outputs and stability of anaerobic processes
- Design and development of water desalination plants for rural communities, driven by a hybrid solar-biogas energy system
- AD for off-grid rural electrification
- AD design and operating strategies for energy demand matching
- Advanced process modelling of AD
- Network management of small and micro-AD site
- Low cost, energy efficient biomethane production from landfill gas or biogas
- Low cost remote monitoring systems for small-scale AD sites
- AD design and operating strategies for energy demand matching in the face of non-uniform feedstock availability and composition
Find a PhD
Search for PhD opportunities at Sheffield and be part of our world-leading research.