Professional training courses
GPRG offers a range of training opportunities designed to introduce innovative concepts, develop technical understanding and illustrate current practice in specific topics related to groundwater management and restoration.
All short courses are suitable for delegates from industry, consultancy, regulatory bodies and academia, as well as individual students seeking to advance their knowledge base.
They have been approved by the Geological Society for Continuing Professional Development.
We provide short course training for CPD on the following topics:
- Introduction to Hydrogeology
- Fate and Transport of Pollutants in Groundwater
- In Situ Groundwater Remediation Technologies
- Principles and Application of Bioremediation
- Landfill Engineering and Environmental Management
- Natural Attenuation of Pollutants
Our short courses are typically offered for attendance by external participants but can be presented as in-house training to organisations.
If you would like to discuss the opportunity for delivery of these courses as in-house training or would like us to develop a training event tailored to your specific requirements, please email Prof Steve Thornton.
We also offer advanced applied training within our MSc Water Engineering. This course provides innovative graduate-level tuition in applied water and environmental engineering and the environmental sciences.
The programme is delivered through an integrated and progressive learning package, with different training options that offer wide flexibility in the study format:
Postgraduate taught scholarships
Explore scholarships for postgraduate taught courses starting in 2022, including:
- 100+ scholarships worth £10,000 each for home fee-paying students
- 125 scholarships worth 25 per cent of the tuition fee for international students