Guidance on accessing, installing and using Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking is voice recognition software that allows you to speak into a microphone or headset attached to your computer to type what you are saying.
You can use Dragon NaturallySpeaking to
- dictate documents directly
- dictate into a digital recorder and transcribe it later
- browse the web
- control your applications and desktop
Dragon is available in Assistive Technology Room 1.25 on the first floor of the Information Commons.
If you are registered with DDSS, contact your DDSS advisor to see if you are eligible for a personal account.
- Click on the Start button and select Software Center. Alternatively, click on the Software Center icon on the desktop.
- A list of available software will appear. This may take several minutes, and you may see the message 'No items found'.
- When the list appears, click on Dragon. If it isn’t listed, press the F5 key to refresh.
- Click on Install at the bottom right of the screen. The status column shows you the progress of the download.
- When the installation is complete, minimise or close Software Center and click on Start > All Programs >Dragon.
Ask a question
Phone: +44 114 222 7200
A global reputation
Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. We're a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching.