Guidance on accessing, installing and using Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
What does Dragon do?
Dragon NaturallySpeaking is voice recognition software that allows you to speak into a microphone or headset attached to your computer to type what you are saying.
You can use Dragon NaturallySpeaking to
- dictate documents directly
- dictate into a digital recorder and transcribe it later
- browse the web
- control your applications and desktop
Dragon is available in Assistive Technology Room 1.25 on the first floor of the Information Commons.
- Click on the Start button and select Software Center. Alternatively, click on the Software Center icon on the desktop.
- A list of available software will appear. This may take several minutes, and you may see the message 'No items found'.
- When the list appears, click on Dragon. If it isn’t listed, press the F5 key to refresh.
- Click on Install at the bottom right of the screen. The status column shows you the progress of the download.
- When the installation is complete, minimise or close Software Center and click on Start > All Programs >Dragon.
See these video tutorials and user guides for help on how to use Dragon.
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.