Due to COVID-19, access to the Library for visitors is currently unavailable.
As an Alumni member, you can
- Access Western Bank Library and The Health Sciences Library sites (Royal Hallamshire Hospital and Northern General Hospital) during staffed and self-service hours
- Access the Information Commons during staffed hours
- Consult the Library’s print collections - thousands of books, journals and other resources
- Borrow up to 5 items at a time. Items will automatically renew unless someone else requests them
- Discover materials using StarPlus
- Request books and manage your Library Account through StarPlus
- Explore our unique and original library collections
- Guest WiFi (please ask at a Library Information point for details)
- Self-service photocopiers/scanners
- Onsite access to some e-journals - complete a registration form to use the dedicated Walk-in access PCs in Western Bank Library and the Health Sciences Library sites to view electronic journals where the publisher permits access, in addition to many open access journals
Ask a question
Phone: +44 114 222 7200
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.