White Rose Affiliated Research Students
How to apply
Applications can be made online.
Postgraduate research students from the Universities of York and Leeds can become affiliated PGR members of the Library.
As a White Rose Affiliated research student you can
- Access Western Bank Library and The Health Sciences Library sites (Royal Hallamshire Hospital and Northern General Hospital) during staffed hours
- Consult the Library’s print collections - thousands of books, journals and other resources
- Borrow up to 50 items at a time. Items will automatically renew unless someone else requests them
- Discover materials using StarPlus
- Request books and manage your Library Account through StarPlus
- Explore our unique and original library collections
- Guest WiFi (please ask at the Information Desk for details)/Eduroam access for SCONUL members (if your home institution uses it)
- Self-service photocopiers/scanners
- Onsite access to some e-journals - complete a registration form to use the dedicated Walk-in access PCs in Western Bank Library and the Health Sciences Library sites to view electronic journals where the publisher permits access, in addition to many open access journals
If you have any enquiries, please contact the Virtual Advisory Help Service by phone on +44 114 222 7200, or visit Western Bank Library or the Health Sciences Library (Royal Hallamshire Hospital) during staffed service hours.
Ask a question
Phone: +44 114 222 7200
Find a PhD
Search for PhD opportunities at Sheffield and be part of our world-leading research.