Dr Jane McKeown PhD, PG Diploma (Ed), BA (Hons), RMN
The School of Nursing & Midwifery
Office located at:
Barber House Annexe
3a Clarkehouse Road
Sheffield S10 2LA
Tel: +44 (0) 114 222 2071
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
I work as a University Teacher with the University of Sheffield and as a Senior Nurse with Sheffield Health and Social Care Trust. I qualified as a Registered Mental Health Nurse in 1987 and have worked in a range of clinical, practice development and teaching roles with an emphasis on the care of people living with dementia. I contribute to the South Yorkshire Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care (CLAHRC) Translating Knowledge to Action (TK2A) theme.
My research focuses on developing and evaluating methods and approaches that enable the views and experiences of people with dementia to be heard in health and social care, research and education. My PhD explored the use of Life Story Work with people living with dementia. I am currently undertaking a realist synthesis exploring methods of involving people with dementia in health and social care services.
I lead the following Units on the MA Dementia Studies programme:
Inclusive of people with dementia: Impact and involvement
Psycho-social approaches to the care and support of people with dementia
I also lead the unit Relationship Centred Dementia Care and deliver Dementia Awareness Study Days to acute hospital staff and ad-hoc sessions on dementia, user involvement, mental health promotion and life story work.
• Senior Nurse for Service User and Carer Involvement
• Clinical Research Academy Fellowship with the University of Sheffield School of Health and Related Research (commencing September 2015)
• Deputy Chair of School of Nursing and Midwifery ethics committee
• A joint project with the University of Sheffield Department of Human Communication Sciences on student delivered life story work clinics (pilot and evaluation)
• Co-founder and facilitator Sheffield Dementia Involvement Group (SHINDIG) with Sheffield Alzheimer’s Society.
• Advisory Group leader of Told in South Yorkshire which aims to champion the use and evaluation of Life Story Work in practice with people with dementia.
Publications list unavailable
There was a problem trying to get this page's list of publications. Please try again later.