Who do I need to tell if I have Covid-19 symptoms?
If you start to feel unwell and notice Covid-19 symptoms in yourself or flatmates, you need to contact the following people so that we can help you in the best and safest way. Your health and well-being is the most important thing to us.
Who to contact
- NHS Helpline - Please telephone '111' and let them know what physical symptoms you have.
- Your Residence Life Mentor - it is important to let your mentor know if you are feeling unwell via email or phone, so that they can let your flatmates know and also the Accommodation Team.
If you are experiencing symptoms, we will try to contact you regularly - by phone where possible, or via email if you do not have a UK mobile number listed.
Please respond to these check-ups. If we do not hear back from you for two days, we may contact Security and may check on you in your room and possibly involve the emergency services. You can opt out of these wellbeing checks if you would prefer - if so, please email us to confirm this.
If you have questions about self-isolation or if we can help with any other concerns, please contact Residence Life:
If you have left the accommodation (e.g. to return to a family home) please reply to this email the accommodation office to let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are showing symptoms of Covid 19 then other people in your accommodation may be expected to stay at home too,
Other residents will not be required to stay at home if you are quarantining due to international travel or as a result of being in contact with Covid 19 (but are not showing symptoms).
Central Welfare and Guidance
If we can help with concerns about the impact on your academic commitments, please contact Central Welfare and Guidance:
- Telephone: 0114 222 4321
- Email: email@example.com
University Health Service
- Telephone: 0114 22 22 100
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Customer Services for any general enquiries regarding the accommodation provided but only do so by phone or email.
- For Ranmoor, Endcliffe, Mappin Court, St George’s, Broad Lane Court and Studio 300, please contact Customer Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 0114 222 8800
- For Allen Court, please contact by calling 0114 275 5036 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For St Vincent’s, please contact by calling 0117 3027160 or via email at email@example.com
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.