Who do I need to tell if I have Covid-19 symptoms?

If you start to feel unwell and notice Covid-19 symptoms in yourself or flatmates, you need to contact the following people so that we can help you in the best and safest way. Your health and well-being is the most important thing to us.


Who to contact

  1. NHS Helpline - Please telephone '111' and let them know what physical symptoms you have.
  2. Your Residence Life Mentor - it is important to let your mentor know if you are feeling unwell via email or phone, so that they can let your flatmates know and also the Accommodation Team.

You should also visit NHS 111 onlineCoronavirus information - News stories - Students

Residence Life 

If you are experiencing symptoms, we will try to contact you regularly - by phone where possible, or via email if you do not have a UK mobile number listed.

Please respond to these check-ups. If we do not hear back from you for two days, we may contact Security and may check on you in your room and possibly involve the emergency services. You can opt out of these wellbeing checks if you would prefer - if so, please email us to confirm this.

If you have questions about self-isolation or if we can help with any other concerns, please contact Residence Life:

Email: residentsupport@sheffield.ac.uk 

If you have left the accommodation (e.g. to return to a family home) please reply to this email the accommodation office to let us know: accommodationoffice@sheffield.ac.uk

If you are showing symptoms of Covid 19 then other people in your accommodation may be expected to stay at home too,

COVID-19: guidance for households with possible coronavirus infectionNHS 111 Stay at Home Advice

Other residents will not be required to stay at home if you are quarantining due to international travel or as a result of being in contact with Covid 19 (but are not showing symptoms).

How to self-isolate when you travel to the UK

NHS Track and Trace information

Central Welfare and Guidance

If we can help with concerns about the impact on your academic commitments, please contact Central Welfare and Guidance:

University Health Service

General Enquiries

Please contact Customer Services for any general enquiries regarding the accommodation provided but only do so by phone or email.

Three students sat on the grass, there is one of the student accommodation buildings in the background

Apply for accommodation

Accepted your offer? You can now start your application to live in University accommodation and begin your journey to join the largest student community in Sheffield.

A global reputation

Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. We're a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching.