An Thu Ta
Department of Economics
Full contact details
Department of Economics
9 Mappin Street
An has more than 4 years of experience in economic modelling, over 2 years of which in a managerial position. Being recognised as a SFHEA and currently an Assessor, she has demonstrated her influence through mentoring and training peers, together with a wide range of experience in teaching support across UK universities and colleges. Currently, she is working in HEOR consultancy as an Associate Consultant.
Senior Fellowship of Higher Education Academy – SFHEA – UK
Accredited in May 2020
PhD in Economics, The University of Sheffield – UK
Oct 2017 – 2022 (expected)
Title “Essay on Measuring Wellbeing”. Fully sponsored by the Department of Economics, the UoS
MSc. Economics and International Relations, University of East Anglia (UEA) – UK
Sep 2015 – Sep 2016
Distinction (overall mark 76.7%, starred first). Received scholarship by UEA for students with high results
BSc. Economics, Foreign Trade University (Vietnam)
Aug 2010 – Jun 2014
GPA: 80.6% (equivalent to 3.26/4.0). Received University’s scholarship for high achievers in the final year
- Research interests
PhD thesis: Essay on Measuring Wellbeing
An's PhD thesis focuses on measuring well-being through equivalent income over the life course. Her research interests include valuing health and well-being, well-being measures and individual preferences.
- View this article in WRRO Preferences and Equivalent Income in the UK. The Sheffield Economic Research Paper Series (SERPS), 2021007.
- View this article in WRRO Adaptation To Disability - Evidence From the UK Household Longitudinal Study. The Sheffield Economic Research Paper Series (SERPS), 2019020.
- Teaching interests
An has previously taught modules on:
- Microeconomics and Applied-Microeconometrics.
- Welfare economics.
- Health economic modelling and economic evaluation.
- Professional activities
Associate Research Consultant - OPEN Health Group
Health Economist - BresMed Health Solutions
July 2020 - January 2022
Associate lecturer - Sheffield Hallam University
October 2018 – October 2020
- Lectured and led seminars in Economics and Maths (1st and 2nd year undergraduate levels)
- Moderated assessment materials and assessed students’ performance
- Supervised and assessed Master’s dissertations
Graduate teaching assistant - Department of Economics, University of Sheffield
October 2017 – September 2020
- Delivered tutorials and computer demonstration sessions in Economics and Econometrics
- Received Staff Award - Best Graduate Teaching Assistant Award (2020)
- Shortlisted in Sheffield Students' Union Academic Awards 2020 for outstanding personal tutor
Lecturer - Sheffield International College
January 2019 – July 2020
- Delivered lectures and tutorials in Economics and Statistics (Foundation & Pre-master levels)
- Designed assessment materials including report/essay and exam, assessed students’ performance