A masters course will train you for a career as a professional economist in a wide range of sectors.
Recent graduates have secured jobs in the finance and consultancy sector as economists. Others work in government departments in the UK and overseas. Some graduates continue their studies as PhD students, and go on to work in academia or in research.
Core skills you will develop for your career include:
- Critical thinking
- Detailed analysis of real-world economic problems
- Effective communication of your analysis
- Independent research skills
- An international perspective
We support you in taking the next step in your career with dedicated employability support and access to opportunities such as internships that can significantly enhance your career.
Example job roles our graduates go into:
Finance and Banking
- Data Modelling Analyst, Bank of America
- Banker, HSBC
- Economist, Central Bank of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Professional and Commercial
- Financial Consultant, Deloitte
- Financial Services Associate, Ernst & Young
- Regional Trainee Merchandiser, Tesco
Public Sector and Research
- Economist, Department of Health and Social Care
- Assistant Economist, The Committee on Climate Change
- Research Associate, University of Manchester
Find a postgraduate course
A masters from Sheffield means in-depth knowledge, advanced skills and the confidence to achieve your ambitions.