PhD opportunities in the category Energy generation - Combustion.
- Fundamental combustion chemistry of hydrogen and ammonia fuel blends
- Deposition prevention for future power stations - an international collaboration with USA
- Zero emissions power plants through combustion optimisation
- Enhance the resilience of the UK gas networks to meet the future challenges
- Novel technology to control the fire and explosion hazards of hydrogen fuel
- Turbulence modelling of combustion using large eddie simulations (LES)
- Biomass combustion
- Initiation and propagation of combustion waves with competitive reactions
- Emissions and ash behaviour during the combustion of torrefied biomass
- Advanced oxy-coal combustion modelling and optimisation
- Alternative aviation fuels combustion experiments
- Alternative aviation fuels kinetic mechanism development
Find a PhD
Search for PhD opportunities at Sheffield and be part of our world-leading research.