Accessing campus-only services
The service you have attempted to access is restricted to on-campus networks only. Use the methods below to access services.
If you want to access a campus-only service from home or off campus, you will need to connect to the University’s Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Connect to VPN (student/staff logins required)
Students and non-staff can access campus-only services if they are connected to one of the following options:
- both VPN and eduroam or another wireless network - you may need to disconnect from your current network and connect to eduroam
- the wired University network - VPN is required in student accommodation
- a campus PC through our 'Find a PC' service
Staff can access campus-only services if they are connected to one of the following options:
- eduroam or VPN - you only need to be connected to one of these services
- the wired University network
Contact the IT Service Desk
If you've followed these instructions and still can't access a service, contact the IT Service Desk on +44 114 222 1111.
A global reputation
Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. We're a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching.