Ref: AU 16
Title: Allan Recordings
Scope: Audio-cassette recordings of interviews about the book trade with librarians and booksellers made by Alastair Allan in 1974
Extent: 1 box: 12 audio-cassettes
Name of creator: Alastair J. Allan
Administrative / biographical history:
The collection consists of recordings of interviews about the book trade with librarians and booksellers by Alastair Allan in 1974. The librarians represent a range of institutions including the universities of Birmingham, Bradford, Bristol, East Anglia, Edinburgh, Hull, Leicester, Newcastle, Salford and Stirling, and polytechnics at Sheffield, Newcastle, Wolverhampton and Kingston. Booksellers include representatives from the university bookshops at Edinburgh and Stirling, and from Daley’s, Haig & Hochland, and Willshaw’s.
Alastair Allan was a member of staff at the University of Sheffield Library from 1977 to 2014, having previously worked at the University of Hull Library and the British Library Lending Division at Boston Spa, after graduating from the College of Librarianship in the University of Wales in 1971.
- Source: Donated by Alastair Allan in 2013
- System of arrangement: Numerical
- Subjects: Book industries and trade – Great Britain
- Names: Allan, Alastair J.
- Conditions of access: Available to all researchers, by appointment
- Restrictions: None
- Copyright: Audio-cassettes not to be copied; copyright according to individual recording
- Finding aids: Listed