Education Historical Collection
Ref: Special Collection
Title: Education Historical Collection
Scope: The collection comprises around 750 books, pamphlets and journals, some pre-1851 and late Victorian, relating to education
Extent: c. 750 vols.
Administrative / biographical history:
The collection comprises around 750 books, pamphlets and journals, including some pre-1851 books, and several fine copies of later Victorian works. They were originally housed in the University of Sheffield’s Institute of Education Library.
- Source: Transferred from the Institute of Education
- System of arrangement: Numerical
- Subjects: Education
- Conditions of access: Available to all researchers, by appointment
- Restrictions: No restrictions
- Finding aids: Listed and catalogued