Global Summer Experience Scholarships
Interested in spending a summer abroad during your Sheffield degree? If successful in applying for a Global Summer Experience Scholarship, we'll pay your airfare to an overseas summer school, tuition and accommodation while you're there.
The information on this page relates to 2023 entry. Information for 2024 entry is to be confirmed and will be published when available.
You must meet all of the criteria below to be eligible to receive an award:
- Be eligible to pay the home rate of fees
- Achieve A*, A, A (or higher) in your A Levels (or equivalent - view equivalences)
- Hold an academic offer to study a full time, undergraduate course at the University of Sheffield starting in September 2023
- You must be a home fee-paying student to be eligible to apply.
- To apply for this scholarship, you need to have received an academic offer to study a full-time undergraduate course at the University of Sheffield starting in September 2023.
- For courses across all faculties.
- Students studying a course with a compulsory year abroad are not eligible to apply.
- There are 30 awards available.
- The summer school will be at one of our partner institutions in selected countries. Available countries can change from year to year, we'll confirm placement opportunities after you have registered with us in September 2023.
- Scholarship recipients joining the University of Sheffield in September 2023 will undertake their summer school experience in Summer 2024.
- Summer schools are not subject specific.
- You can read about the experiences that students have had previously.
- We'll let you know by the end of May 2023 if you're provisionally successful and this will be fully confirmed once we know your grades.
- This scheme isn't available to you if you're starting a foundation year course.
- You'll need to put the University of Sheffield as your firm choice before 14 July 2023.
- The award is only for new undergraduate students starting their first degree at the University.
A selection panel consisting of senior professional services staff will consider your scholarship application. When making their decision, the panel will give regard to the following:
- Applicant has provided a clear rationale for applying for their chosen undergraduate course at the University of Sheffield.
- Applicant has clearly articulated how the scholarship will benefit their future ambitions.
- Applicant has detailed their strengths and weaknesses, and why they would be a good recipient of this scholarship.
International Merit Scholarships
We offer a generous package of financial support for international students including 75 undergraduate scholarships worth £10,000 towards the annual tuition fee and 125 postgraduate taught scholarships worth £5,000 towards the tuition fee. Applications are now open for existing offer holders.