Mandarin Summer School for Children
Mandarin Summer School 2019 - coming soon
Mandarin Summer School 2018
Fun learning and play care for school-age children (aged 4.5-16).
Explore and make new friends! Mandarin language is not a prior requirement.
Organised by Sheffield Star Mandarin School, an affiliated member to the Confucius Institute at the University of Sheffield.
Time: 8:30am - 5:30pm every day
Week 1 (5 days): 23rd - 27th July 2018, Monday to Friday;
Week 2 (5 days): 30th July - 3rd Aug 2018, Monday to Friday.
Venue: Council Chamber, Octagon Centre, University of Sheffield, Western Bank, S10 2TQ
Fees: £50 per week.
- China's Mega Projects;
- Mandarin characters;
- Speaking Chinese;
- Songs and music;
- Fun Math and Math Challenges;
- Arts and Crafts;
- Kung Fu and Folk Dance;
- Play and perform;
- Indoor and outdoor games.
Lunch: Please bring lunch for your child. Lunch box should contain ice block. You can also take your child away for lunch at 12:00-1:00pm. Drinks, fruit and nibbles will be provided during break time.
Dress code: Please wear loose, comfortable sportswear and flat-soled shoes (school PE shoes will do).
1. Kung Fu, Dance and Chinese Games for children aged 7-12
Week 1: 7th-11th August 2017, 9:00am – 1:00pm
FREE Admission to SHEFFIELD children with a Passport to Learning*, and aged 7-12, supported by Sheffield CU Festival 2017.
* Sheffield CU Festival is organised by Sheffield Children’s University (CU) , which encourages and celebrates participation in a wide range of inspiring learning opportunities outside school hours. Passport to Learning records CU Credits and can be purchased with us (at £2) or at Sheffield libraries. Parents need to sign the consent form inside the CU Passport.
2. Mandarin Summer School for children aged 5-16
Week 2: 14th-18th August 2017, 8:30am - 5:30pm
Week 3: 21st-25th August 2017, 8:30am - 5:30pm
2016 Mandarin Summer School for children
2015 Mandarin Summer School for children
2014 Mandarin Summer School for children