Mandarin Summer School for Children
Mandarin Summer School 2019
Open to children aged 5-16. Explore and make new friends! Mandarin language is not a prior requirement.
Organised by Sheffield Star Mandarin School, an affiliated member to the Confucius Institute at the University of Sheffield. Supported by Performance Venues at the University of Sheffield.
Fun learning and play care for school-age children (aged 5-16).
Time: 8:45am - 5:15pm every day
Week 1 (5 days): 5th - 9th August 2019, Monday to Friday;
Week 2 (5 days): 12th - 16th August 2019, Monday to Friday.
Venue: Council Chamber and Meeting Rooms, Octagon Centre, University of Sheffield, Western Bank, S10 2TQ
Fees: Week 1: 60 GBP; Week 2: 60 GBP.
- China's Mega Projects;
- Classic Chinese;
- Mandarin characters;
- Songs and music;
- Fun Math and Math Challenges;
- Arts and Crafts;
- Kung Fu and Folk Dance;
- Indoor and outdoor games.
Please bring lunch for your child. Lunch box should contain ice block. You can also take your child away for lunch at 12:00-1:00pm. Drinks, fruit and biscuits will be provided during break time.
Dress code: Please wear loose, comfortable sportswear and flat-soled shoes (school PE shoes will do).
Registration and Payment is via the University Online Store (at All Departments, search for "Mandarin Summer"
Mandarin Summer School 2018
Time: 8:30am - 5:30pm every day
Week 1 (5 days): 23rd - 27th July 2018, Monday to Friday;
Week 2 (5 days): 30th July - 3rd Aug 2018, Monday to Friday.
Venue: Council Chamber, Octagon Centre, University of Sheffield, Western Bank, S10 2TQ
1. Kung Fu, Dance and Chinese Games for children aged 7-12
Week 1: 7th-11th August 2017, 9:00am – 1:00pm
FREE Admission to SHEFFIELD children with a Passport to Learning*, and aged 7-12, supported by Sheffield CU Festival 2017.
* Sheffield CU Festival is organised by Sheffield Children’s University (CU) , which encourages and celebrates participation in a wide range of inspiring learning opportunities outside school hours. Passport to Learning records CU Credits and can be purchased with us (at £2) or at Sheffield libraries. Parents need to sign the consent form inside the CU Passport.
2. Mandarin Summer School for children aged 5-16
Week 2: 14th-18th August 2017, 8:30am - 5:30pm
Week 3: 21st-25th August 2017, 8:30am - 5:30pm
2016 Mandarin Summer School for children
2015 Mandarin Summer School for children
2014 Mandarin Summer School for children