Ten reasons to study at the Information School
We think there are lots of reasons to study with us in Sheffield; it’s a buzzing, multicultural city set on the boundary of the idyllic Peak District National Park. Come and study in a city rich with culture and history.
Here are our Top 10 Reasons to choose studying at The Information School:
- The Information School is ranked Number One in Europe and Second in the World for Library and Information Management (2019 QS World Rankings).
- Sheffield is a top 100 university (2018 QS World Rankings) and a member of the Russell Group of leading UK research universities.
- The Information School at Sheffield has been at the forefront of developments in the information field for more than fifty years.
- The Information School is home to cutting-edge technologies to enhance your studies including our state-of-the-art iLab.
- The Information School was the UK’s first iSchool.
- The University of Sheffield has produced six Nobel Prize winners.
- We are the Number One University for library services (Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2017)
- In the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018, we were voted top five nationally for providing the best overall student experience, with our Students' Union voted best in the UK for the tenth year in a row.
- Sheffield is England’s safest major city (UK Peace Index)
- Sheffield is in the top 10 most affordable UK university cities (Student Living Index by Natwest 2018)
Free things to do in Sheffield:
Sheffield also has a great transport network which is handy for you to get around. We sent Elle, one of our Student Ambassadors, out for the day to find out what she could do for free!